Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Premature midlife crisis



What am I doing with my life ?
What do I want to do with my life ?
Why am I  not content ?


May be the answer to the third question is a weighted mean of first two, to which I am absolutely clueless.


Monty Python's 'The meaning of life' didn't help either. Well may be a bit, but thats entirely out of context.


There is this constant nagging in my head screaming at me that I am not doing what I am supposed to do. I am doing less; much less and so random that at end of the day I am not even going to be a 'Jack of all trades' but just a 'Jack'. My attention span decreased to the level of a humming bird and I started to space out even during 1 on 1 conversations.


My priorities in life are changing like 'Now Playing' in a shuffled playlist. A really LONG playlist. I don't think any one else on this planet has taken as many resolutions as me, not even by an alcohol substance-abuse support group member. I make a couple of them everyday. Once I took a resolution that I would maintain a database of all the resolutions I make. I stopped updating that after a day.


And most importantly, I lost my sense of humor too. Now I am left with just 5 senses. 

1 comment:

  1. join the mile-low club. i figured after several similar such rants that as long as you're occupied (by jhedasssses or otherwise) it doesnt really matter.

    ReplyDelete

Whatever you are selling, I am not buying